If only poor Charles Darwin would knew how wrong he was saying that we should not try to notice evolution in action, because if it took us hundreds of thousands of years to evolve from Homo Erectus to Homo Sapiens, things even in that department happens much faster nowadays, and if you pay attention around you,and don’t look too far, you might notice a new specie in full bloom: I call it Homo Gadgetus, and here are some of the tell-tell signs to identify them:
1. Their bodies are modified, as they have extensions on their hands, ears, eyes, things that buzz, flicker, ring, beep, tweet, vibrate and generally make noise! They can’t live without this constant buzzing inflicted into their brains!
2. They developed this amazing ability of having their body in one place while their spirit is in a completely different one: take this example, you are out having dinner with a homo gadgetus, deeply involved in conversation and suddenly you drop the fork on the floor with a loud bang … and no reaction, and you realize that his spirit is far away, and nothing, but the buzz of a gadget could turn it back!
3. This new specie doesn’t react to normal stimuli,because you might notice that while looking into their eyes with the most compassionate look you can ever produce doesn’t even get them blink,but the slightest vibration in their gadgets can get their stomach to knot and the nerves to come up their spine and make them want to act immediately, no matter the place, location, whether is their own wedding and the birth of their child taking place, all in the same time!
4. They consider rude if you think is rude they answer their phone and text messages while out on a date with you!
5. Their basic bodily functions are completely modified, as they can hold on not drinking, eating, going to the toilet, sleeping until the computer game is over! This of course did not come without sacrifices: a man dropped dead at his screen in December after playing continuously for 10 days. That eclipsed the stamina of the previous victim, who died after two days in the chair in August last year. Another one died in 2002 after 86 hours of non-stop playing.
6. Their language is pretty much different from the homo sapiens too : omg, lol, IMHO, wtf, 6y, A3, aap, aas, gg, rofl might appear in your word processor as mistakes, but is nothing but the new language of the new specie (And girls if he things fidelity is not good don’t threatened to throw yourself off the window)!
7. It’s not a question of them using their gadgets when they want to, but more if their gadgets want them they run faster than if they would ever do at the desperate cry of their own child!
I let this list open as the process is taking place right now and if you ever encounter such a creature, feel obliged add to this list so we can well document the human evolution!