I want it! I need it! I have to have it! I am supposed to have it! I should have it! Now!
I woke up today in a world where everybody was a cloned version of myself. Where everyone looked like me, behaved like me and agreed with me, all the time. Things were always happening the way I wanted it, and people always behaved the way I expected them to!
It was fun for…. a few minutes, and then thanks God I realized I was not awake and it was just a dream!
It’s good that in the real world you can’t always get what you think you want.
Then why do we get disappointed when things are not going our way? When people are not acting as we expect them to? Is it them or is it us?
Strange but true, many of us actively cultivate disappointment, unconsciously looking for ways to feel dissatisfied, disheartened, so we can tell everyone how badly life is treating us, and ohh boy there are so many little ways to feel disappointed!
For anyone who is really trying to experience it and failed, I put up here some guaranteed ways, if you don’t get the results please feel free to get back to me and kick my butt.
• Be damn sure that whatever happens around you, you should take it personally. Everything other people do is because of you. Never because of themselves!!!
• Build your dreams of happiness/fulfilment on the things that come from outside forces that you have no control over.
• Feel sorry for yourself, and always dwell on things you cannot change, and make sure you tell everyone, every time you have a chance how unfortunate and miserable life has been with you!
• Remember patience is a virtue only for dummies, make sure if you want something… You wanted NOW!
• Never ever in a gazillion years accept or love people for what they are but always try to change them to meet your expectations and needs!
• Never look at the big picture, or keep it in perspective, of course every minor disappointment is ruining your life … FOREVER!
• Always try to control people, remember you’re the boss, you’re the small tail that wags a huge dog, you’re more educated, you’re more experienced. Yeah, you’ve been around more blocks and climbed more mountains and slayed more dragons! And people should always know it!
• Base your expectations about relationships and marriage exclusively on romantic movies! And of course your expectations about sex on … porn!
It is amazing indeed how we can even spend a life time trying to change what “wasn’t the way we wanted it to be”!
It took me a long time to figure it out, and I am still learning, but life can be so much better when you have no expectations, but in the same time you burst of hope of wonderful miracles and gifts to happen to you. When you know your life is a flow, constantly changing but there is no change that can stop you or your joy. Like a river that is flowing forward with vigorous enjoyment and if it hits a rock it simply goes around it or over it or under it, but does not let the essential flow stop.